Doing laundry in Copenhagen
If you are planning to stay sometime in Copenhagen surely you will have to do your laundry in one of their multiple laundromats (vaskeri in danish).
Here, you are going to find a simple manual on how to do the laundry:
First of all, you will have to look for a laundromat or laundry service near where you are staying and plan where you will hang the laundry before you get anything wet.
Once you have found a laundromat, you must have your DKK coins ready because the laundry machines only work with coins.
Here we can see the steps required for doing the laundry:
User Manual for Washing Machine
- Fill the laundry in the machine and close the door
- Select the program by pressing “P” until desired program number. appears in the display
- Desired pre-wash press “F”
- Pay for washing if required
- Top up if necessary. detergents (A: prewash, B: wash, C: softener)
- Start the machine by pressing “S”
- ! The machine is connected to payment, after starting, you can modify the program by pressing “P” as long as program number flashes
If possible, try to select washers next to each other to remember which machines are “yours”, because you will have to wait between 30-40 minutes.
The prices are not fairly expensive. In the image below you can see the prices of the services:
As you can see, doing the laundry can cost you around 32 DKK ( 4 euros more or less in 2013):
vaskeri – laundry – lavandería
vask – washing – lavado
tørring – drying – secado
skyllemiddel– fabric softener -suavizante